Sunday, May 31, 2009

Insomnia

I can't sleep! This is getting to be ridiculous. I want to sleep! So I looked it up on WebMD. yes. I did. judge me.

okay. now that that's out of the way. I looked it up. and I can't imagine I have chronic insomnia (although I guess if this persists for a few more weeks I might...which means i should go to a doctor. whatever. here is what it said about acute insomnia.
Causes of acute insomnia can include:
Significant life stress (job loss or change, death of a loved one, divorce, moving).
Illness.
Emotional or physical discomfort.
Environmental factors like noise, light, or extreme temperatures (hot or cold) that interfere with sleep.
Some medications (for example those used to treat colds, allergies, depression, high blood pressure, and asthma) may interfere with sleep.
Interferences in normal sleep schedule (jet lag or switching from a day to night shift, for example).

maybe it's cuz I just started the new job? but that's not new. I'm a temp. I start new jobs all the time and I dont get insomonia from it.
no one died. i didn't get a divorce. I moved home from school...but i lived here for 10 years before i went to college...this is my room...why would coming BACK home give me insomnia?
i'm not sick
could be emotional or physical discomfort. multitude of things I'm unhappy with going on with my emotions lol
it's hot in my room...but i turn the fan on...negates that fact.
i don't take medication...only twice to help me fall asleep/help with allergies
dont have interferences with my normal sleep schedule.

okay..i'm really only writing this cause i can't sleep and i wanted something to do.

maybe another episode of house?
i'd like to go for a run...but it's almost 2 am. bad idea.
in the mroning.

2 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

I know I cause you so much emotional stress because you can't see me everyday. Talk to you soon.

<3 Sarah

Staci said...

One of the greater factors why I can’t sleep, especially this summer, is the heat. Whenever it feels hot in my room, I see to it that fresh air also comes in. I can’t request for an AC because I’m just living with a friend. One good thing is the fan that we use really gives us cool air, especially when cleaned regularly. On the other hand, I understand how bored you were here… It was the same feeling I had two days ago.

Staci Severns