Sunday, May 3, 2009

Main Squeeze

Who would have though that after 2 years of thinking the group hated me, or being frustrated by the drama and rehearsals, that I would fall in love with this group my junior year.

This years group has meant so much to me. I have never had more fun going to rehearsals and seeing them. in my 4 semesters befor them, I dreaded going to rehearsals. Half the time I wondered why the hell I was still doing it, whether or not I loved a cappella. But i stayed and I'm so glad I did

Last night was one of the most fun nights I have had all year. We all went to Jane's house and did elections (I'm the new music director with Liz!) and not only was it a blast, but I was so touched by a lot of the things that were said to or about me. First off during elections, when nominating for music directors, most of the group just plain shouted my name at me. I was so touched to think that they all wanted me as the music director next year. THat means so much to me, being a music education major.

Then later int he night we were doing superlatived for the group that was still there and so many sweet things were said about me. Krystal told me that I am one of the few music ed majors that she would actually want teaching her children, most people told me I'm going to be a great music teacher, Jane said I was most likely to be a good friend and that I was crazy for thinkin they didn't like me freshman year. Someone said I'm most likely to never complain at rehearsal. Just so many sweet things. I didn't cry yesterday, but I might cry now thinking back on it.

But o man, it was just so much fun. After elections we just started siinging random songs that we haven't done, or didnt want to do in forever. And granted, some of them sounded bad, but damn! Fever sounded good for not having done it all semester! So after awhile it got hot so we went outside and started singing. aaand eventually some sketchballs started filming us from across the street. So we waved (smart right?) and we were talking tot hem and we sang some more and then they just got creepy so we retreated into the house.

We sang Baby one last time for the seniors and everyone leaving and it was sad. But I spent 4 hours there just hanging out and singing and getting to know everyone even better and it was great. Defeinitely one of my best memories fromt his year. I am going to miss this group so much next year. I know I'll still be here but it won't be this group and I'm going to miss them like crazy.

Squeeze Me!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfGSl9HLnls
<3
Kelly

No comments: